Grace in Small Things
Miz Pickles' Grace in Small Things. Such a simple idea. Since I received Schmutzie's first email asking me to join her in this positive movement, I've thought of it. Almost every day, but it was only tonight that I decided to copy and paste the Gracie logo and like all ideas that I embrace later rather than sooner, I'm overthinking it.
What I daily feel most thankful for is my family and so I shall start with them.
1. I am forever grateful that I married the man I'd only known three weeks and that now, 40 years later, I still feel such relief that we made the right decision...to spend our lives together.
2. It makes me so very happy that aside from loving my children with the love that every mother knows, I really, really like them as people. They are smart, funny and sassy.
3. My granddaughters. Who knew such joy could exist. I didn't.
4. My mother. She is 83 and still rides her bike to the shops each day and walks it home, when the panniers are filled. She is a proud and independent woman who has a wonderfully active silly streak.
5. My mother's husband who is 10 years younger than her. Because of him I can go to bed at night, knowing my mother, thousands of miles away in England, is well cared for and loved.