Sunday, March 29, 2009

Grace in Small Things 2



And today, because I needed a reminder of what beauty there is in the world, I'll share with you what I made myself see, inside and outside
.

An appreciative goldfinch

A nesting Hummingbird who's built her baby house in the Chinese Elm right
outside the kitchen door. Low to the ground. So trusting.

Model of a roman head that I bought in Conimbriga , nr. Coimbra, Portugal
Magical ruins



A beautiful heart-shaped, ceramic bowl that the Malones gave us filled with mint-shaped pieces of marble I found on the beach in Nerja, Spain at least 15 years ago.

Our house in Milwaukee, under a typical winter's snow. I loved the house and miss my friends but I am grateful to be living in a different climate...a different state.

My Tiffany paperweight heart. Thank you, Elissa. xox

A Ceanothus Silk Moth hanging on my front porch light fixture

3 Comments:

Blogger Vicus Scurra said...

You may admonish me for lowering the tone, but please be reassured that I did not read this article simply in the expectation of seeing a young lady called Grace dressed scantily.

2:04 AM  
Blogger Lin said...

I do know a Grace, though. Christ, but you make me laugh!

8:30 AM  
Blogger jhbailes said...

I have read your blog. i appreciate your politics. i have also been married 40 years (if we live till june 29) but our environments are so very different with you opening the door to your canyon and me opening the door to see the Capitol 5 blocks down east capitol street. nee Glickman has come back east and Meisner as well and the former mentions you in Classmates. perhaps the aged are closing their thinning(?) ranks.

3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home