Friday, February 04, 2005

how hard can it be?

How hard can it be? This blogging thing. Does my descent into the nether depths of age make it all that much tougher? Is that the problem? I've got all sorts of rants, all sorts of reasonable and unreasonable reactions to life. Hell, I can't even figure out how to change the font, much less its size. And what is HTML anyway? Damn. I think I jumped into this too quickly. I thought I'd called myself DottyNana and now I find that DottyNana is just a posting.

Like right this minute, I'd like to start a new paragraph, but can I? Apparently not. This afternoon I happily drove down my canyon to the Pacific. My canyon recently had a 25-foot high boulder land smack in the middle of it. Road closures, international press coverage, phone calls and emails from points east. Hell, said boulder even made the NY Times, and God knows they just don't print anything...anymore that is. I was happy to drive down the canyon to the Pacific this afternoon. On Monday, for the first time in almost a month, the road was open, both directions, from 3:30 to 7 PM. I felt liberated. Goodbye Tuna Canyon, hello Topanga. And so, I eventually joined half of Los Angeles on the 10 freeway headed east. Rush hour doesn't bother me when I'm headed off to the primary object of my affection nowadays...my granddaughter, Lottie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home