Monday, February 28, 2005

The Long-awaited Return of Impatient, Let's-get-the-show-on-the-road Tim

Tim & Pat are ready to head to points south. They're showered, shaved, and as pretty as always. Roger is also leaving for a few days. He is going to lead them out of Topanga, down a circuitous, but very beautiful route. They will need guidance to get to Pacific Coast Hwy due to all the road closings around here. He has to get to LAX for a noon flight. He reckons he has to head out the door by 9:30 AM. This works for them even though their car is packed and Tim, in particular, is ready to go NOW. At 9:31, Tim starts getting antsy. Pat says to me, "You know, we're just going to head off now." Inside I think, YOU'RE NUTS, YOU'LL GET LOST FOR SURE and then be even later. IN real life I say, "YOU'RE NUTS! YOu'LL GET LOST for sure..." Pat agrees and Tim then agrees to hang on. I run in to Roger and say Tim wants to leave now. Roger says he'd also like to leave now but he won't be ready for another few minutes. I report back to Tim. He is having a hard time NOT screaming, "BUT HE SAID HE'D BE READY AT 9:30!" I can tell this is happening...but just natter calmly on to Pat. Then, suddenly, everyone is moving, everyone is ready to go somewhere, everyone is kissing me good-bye and saying see you soon and off they go, thumping down our fast deteriorating, steep driveway. "Byeeeeeee," I wave. I'll miss you all [so much]. I never meant anything more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home