Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Aggressive Vikings

I have two Viking ovens. I'm not bragging, the house just came this way. One is a gas stove and the other is an electric oven/convection oven. If you've never cooked your bird in a convection oven and you've got one, use it. Last night I set it to automatically clean. Didn't want the bird fat and my inept basting action to set the oven on fire. At some point, the internal oven fan stopped whirring and I turned the little light on to check out the clean oven. Oh how clean, how sparkly, but shit, I left the racks in but that didn't bother me last night. It does now, though cos I just read I was supposed to remove them. The reason I'm just now reading about the racks and the whole cleaning process is because, well, the sodding oven door WILL NOT FLIPPIN' OPEN. Nope, it's like someone superglued it. Oh vast internet, any clues will be appreciated. Thanksgiving fast approaches and I've got an 18 lb bird sitting here giving me the stink eye.

4 Comments:

Blogger Debra said...

Usually the oven locks while it cleaning, so I'm confused about your being able to open it and check. And about the door now locked.

Can you turn the convection oven on and get the fan to run now? (yeah, I know you can't open the door).. If the oven turns on and the fan runs, then look for the locking mechanism when you clean the oven. sometimes there is a mechanical component that might be hung up.

To me, though, it sounds like it might be a service call. Next week. (sorry)

9:21 PM  
Blogger gwendomama said...

WELCOME THE F*CK BACK, DEAR LIN.
MISSED YOU.

10:34 PM  
Blogger granny p said...

Can't help - probably too late now anyway; thanksgiving must have dawned - or be dawning. Enjoy. Happy it. Good to see you back again. xxx

3:54 AM  
Blogger junebee said...

Well, at least you've got a spare oven you CAN use!

8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home