Monday, October 01, 2007

Dear Max

Letter #1

Hi Max,

Still no connection. I got in touch with Charter and to answer your question, no, there haven't been any problems or disconnects in my area, and I obviously have no idea wherein the problem lies since I hired you to fix it. All I know is that I have no internet connection. What do you suggest? Feel free to leave a phone message at 310.xxx.xxxx. I won't be home tomorrow, but will be picking up messages. I will be around on Wednesday. Let me know if this is something that you feel you cannot fix. I am sorely tempted to just call Verizon and get them to set me up with a new service, drop Charter and return this new Netgear router, etc. I feel a bit defeated by these issues and after paying you $175 and still not having an internet connection, very frustrated. Don't forget, we always had an internet connection in Roger's office by hardwiring his computer to the Charter modem. If I undock his laptop, take it into the kitchen, there is a strong connection to the internet. But I still cannot get online and neither can my son with his Macbook. Anyway, let me know what you think the next step should be.

Thank you,

Me


And if either of my two remaining readers has any clue, don't hesitate to get in touch.

3 Comments:

Blogger Antipodeesse said...

Darlin', I'm still reading avidly but have no practical advice to offer!

Oh wait, here's some: shout and scream a bit, then eat chocolate and drink champagne...

4:01 AM  
Blogger OvaGirl said...

Oh dear lin, this sounds a bit ghastly. I wish i could help but you know i'm hopeless with the whole internet thing (I think, ages ago i helped you decrease the size of your dots or your font or something but that was the extent of my genius.)
antipodeesse is right. Try chocolate.

6:45 PM  
Blogger gwendomama said...

oh lin! you are back! and i am still here!

but i know not of the mac. i am beholden to the (coughcough) mighty Other.

10:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home