Thursday, November 27, 2008

A Little [too much] Sitar

Turkey's about ready to be committed to the final indignity...the penultimate, the stuffing, just recently completed. As is my want, I was watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade and trying not to cry over every marching band from the country's midsection while prepping for the feast to follow. I like it and folks who know me well understand the sorry, sentimental side of me. The parade finished and Roger asked me if I'd like a little music while I was finishing up. I said sure and he chose a little, light sitar music for me. Maybe that works when you're tripping, but right now...Ravi is doing no more than making me want to throw my oven mitt at the ipod. SHADDDDDDUP already.

4 Comments:

Blogger Vicus Scurra said...

If you're enjoying parades and eating turkey then, and it gives me no pleasure to say this, you deserve all you get.

2:22 PM  
Blogger OvaGirl said...

hee! Yes that made me laugh. The Sitar and the Turkey. Sounds like some sort of epic poem ....

Now gather ye round,
Both lurker and Lurk-ee
And hear the strange tale
The Sitar and The Turkey

(ok i've just done the first verse someone else have a go there must be at least 26 in there somewhere...)

2:55 PM  
Blogger sweatpantsmom said...

I prefer Beyonce or Mary J. Blige while cooking, but since my husband is The Man Who Controls The iPod Player during parties (go figure), I'm at the mercy of his whims.

3:07 PM  
Blogger Lin said...

Now gather ye round,
Both lurker and Lurk-ee
And hear the strange tale
The Sitar and The Turkey

On T-day the Turkey
went missing from table
Dotty shrieked and hollared
Then ran to the stable...

8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home