Sunday, February 06, 2005

Blinkers Bonkers

When I was leaving my daughter's place the other Friday night, a young Jewish man looking like an extra from that forgettable flick, Yentl, stepped between two parked cars and right in front of my car. It was 8 PM and dark. I slammed on my brakes and he never even looked up. That annoyed me more than anything. Naturally I had to say something... I caught his attention when I yelled, "That satin coat does NOT have special powers. It is NOT like a Batman cape." Oh yeah, I'm good, sheesh. I drove off into the night, talking to myself. I do that more and more. This is turning into a driving rant. I think L.A. freeway drivers are actually pretty good. I think L.A. City drivers are actually pretty good. I think most suburban drivers in the Valley suck. When I first moved here I would hold up my hands in disbelief when blinkers weren't used. Nobody understood what I was reacting to so now I just point to the front wheel of their car and scream, "YOUR TIRE LOOKS FLAT!" That usually gets a reaction. There's no point in saying BLINKERS...ever heard of them? Try using them. Why? It's polite...really, no other reason, it's just polite. And why the fuck wouldn't you want to be a polite driver? Why? I'll tell you why. It's because you don't truly fucking care about any other person other than yourself. I'm sure I'll come back to the blinker rant at some point. It really bugs me, can you tell?

I am so over getting upset over 12 items in a 10 item line. It's blinkers that are now my passion.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home