Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Why Should She Change her Spots

I was one of the majority who voted the first Bush out of office. I couldn't wait to see the back of his grandmotherly-looking wife, either. She is capable of withering sarcasm and an indifference to suffering which belies her sweet granny appearance. She is a hard-hearted woman and anyone who cares to disagree with me is delusional.

Here are her latest bon mots (after her visit to the Astrodome in Houston)...

"Almost everyone I've talked to says we're going to move to Houston."

Then she added: "What I'm hearing, which is sort of scary, is they all want to stay in Texas. Everyone is so overwhelmed by the hospitality.

"And so many of the people in the arena here, you know, were underpriveleged anyway, so this--(she chuckles slightly) is working very well for them."


I read that and just thought, "Bitch." And then I remembered her comments many years ago before we first went into Iraq, under the watch of the first President Bush. I had to look this one up. The context is she was asked if she and the President watched much television, particularly the news.

She responded, "I watch none. He (former President Bush) sits and listens and I read books, because I know perfectly well that, don't take offense, that 90% of what I hear on television is supposition, when we're talking about the news." And he's not, not as understanding of my pettiness about that. But why should we hear about body bags, and deaths, and how many, what day it's gonna happen, and how many this or what do you suppose? Or, I mean, it's, it's not relevant. So, why should I waste my beautiful mind on something like that? And watch him [the president] suffer?"

Well, America, the first time wasn't enough and you wanted more and now we've all gotten a double-dose of the Bush family. Tell me when you're ready to scream uncle.


5 Comments:

Blogger Vicus Scurra said...

Don't let the reason for getting rid of that nice Mr Bush was his failure to respond to a natural disaster. That could happen to anyone.
Get rid of him because:
he is chronically stupid.
he is a warmonger.
he has no concern for the environment.
he is monumentally incompetent.
he is wrecking the economy of the US, and in consequence the rest of the world.
he is divisive.
he is a religious bigot.
he is an enemy of the poor and underpriveleged.
I would just like to know how much of a fucking moron one would have to be not to have foreseen this and therefore avoided voting for the twat in the first place.

10:13 PM  
Blogger Lin said...

Vic,
This country is overrun with morons, particularly religious types. Half the world is worried about fundamentaist Islamic types, but I'm equally worried about the born-again Christians and born-again Jews. They're all fucking dangerous, egocentric fundamentalists, including my hateful, stupid, incompetent, divisive president. I say IMPEACH THE BASTARD!

Pax, Lin

10:28 PM  
Blogger Mark Gamon said...

Uncle, already!

I think you got me with that quote about her 'beautiful mind'.

How does she know that?

(PS: I've never seen VS so angry...)

4:04 AM  
Blogger Donna said...

I've been screaming "uncle" for the last five years.

10:28 AM  
Blogger Lin said...

Okay, kids. Let's scream UNCLE really, really loudly. All together now...

4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home