Monday, February 13, 2006

Happy Valentine's Day, m'Dear

When I was almost eight months pregnant, living in London, married to a great guy who I hadn't really known all that long, very young (only 20) and oh, did I mention, almost eight months pregnant???, my husband took me out for a special dinner (was it Valentine's...I can't remember) to...drum roll...THE PLAYBOY CLUB in London. Oh yay, The Playboy Club! Could a girl be any luckier. Wow! Beautiful young women in teeny tiny costumes...And Ears! So Perky. Oh look. Fishnet stockings and bunny ears. How cute is that?! What did he expect me to say? What did he expect me to feel? Who knows...I walked out two hours into the humiliation and took a taxi home...without him. Yep, I said something like "Excuse me. I'm just going to the loo." But I left. In a taxi. Without him. And when he arrived home, a couple of hours later, he was obviously confused. I didn't try and explain anything except to tell him that was one stupid idea...The Playboy Club thing.

Today we celebrate 38 Valentine's Days spent together. Yep, he's the best and I'm a lucky woman. Oh...we haven't been back to a Playboy Club since then. Quel surprise!

It's a dark pic, but I like it...guess who got a new toy.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's such a good story!! Good for you for walking out and good for both of you making it work wonderfully.

I can't actually see what he has there - is a new hamster?

12:35 AM  
Blogger junebee said...

Ok, I am guessing he learned a lesson from the Playboy club date. Otherwise you wouldn't have stayed married this long.

6:40 AM  
Blogger Lin said...

Caroline,

It's his new ultra-light laptop. So tiny, so sleek, so jealous-making!

I'm sure he'll read my valentine's day posting sometime and think, we went to the Playboy Club? the joys of aging are just too numerous to mention.

9:16 AM  
Blogger Lin said...

Meant to say, Caroline and June... see...the aging thing strikes again.

9:17 AM  
Blogger Granny said...

I'm glad I checked back today. Happy valentine anniversary. Wow.

11:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site!
seat cushion camping boating get vokera now online Print me printer Dr ray plastic surgeon Wasaga beacg boating

4:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home