Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Dotty Nana...She's Back!

No real, solid excuse for letting a month elapse between postings but I'm back...just like the poppies. Not as bright or glowing or beautiful, but back nonetheless.

This is going to be short because I'm going to write more later today, but can I just get it on the record that CHARTER CABLE bugs the crap outta me and I'm trying to figure out if having one of those nasty dishes on top of the house is the answer. I call the dish nasty so that gives you an idea of how it offends my design sense. I will call it beautiful, though, if it will promise to provide me with as much crap as I want to watch on TV, including BBC America for me and Fox Sports World (with as much soccer as can be broadcast in a 24-hour day for Himself).

Unfortunately, Charter Cable is also our internet provider...our, ahem, supposedly high speed internet provider and for the past month, it feels like it's been down as much as up. So...who do we call for alternate internet service? Our only other choice, up on top of this mountain, is Verizon and I am constantly seeing their trucks up here in this Canyon, as well as Charter's. So it obviously isn't easy for either provider to get consistently good service to me...that's my take. What are my other options? Well, a guy on the other side of the Canyon ran a little ad in the Topanga Messenger that sounded just perfect. It stated that he was local and provided a good solid internet service to Topanga residents. What wasn't stated was that while he was on a high peak, there had to be a sightline between his peak and your house. Okay...it's beginning to sound more and more like the 'telephones' we'd make as kids. You know the ones...two cans and a string. The only way we'd be able to get a true connection would be to cut down the trees around our house, and the trees are what make it possible for us to get through 90% of the summer season without turning on the AC. Damn.

So, that's my main excuse. I've had service, on and off, but I've also lost more postings that I care to admit because of sloppy internet behavior on my part. I could have created these blurbs in a word document, but that obviously didn't happen. So Charter promises to get to the bottom of the issue and has credited us for ALL of last month and we are so happy to have service right now that for the moment, they will remain on the payroll.

Later today, our New York trip to see our son, Colin and his fair lady, Anne.

It's good to be back. xoxoxoxoxox

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's wonderful to have you back!!

12:25 PM  
Blogger junebee said...

Oh, have fun in New York. It's a nice time of year to be there. Not bitterly cold but not broiling hot yet.

We have Verizon and their service is super-fast but then we live near a metropolitan area. Well, if you can call Tampa's laughably small downtown metropolitan.

We have satellite and basically I hate it but it's a long story. I think Fox Sports World is available but only with the highest-level (most expensive) package. We had FSW as part of Time-Warner cable which we plan to revert to once this satellite saga is finished. (The Citizen loves soccer too). The satellite package (mid-level) we have now does have BBC America. I think we have Dish Network. Next time the telly's out I'll know for sure, because I always call the wrong one first!

5:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back!

I had the same problems with Adelphia, those lying bastards. You can read my tirade here.

I switched to SBC for internet, which has been great. We are switching our cable to DirectTV next week. These cable companies are all the same - sucky.

5:43 PM  
Blogger Kristie Wells said...

Glad to have you back and happy to know all is well (with the exception of the stupid internet thingy). You were missed oh bright, glowing and beautiful one.

5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home