Thursday, June 01, 2006

%^$#&^%$#$@ Wireless Router

We have an internet connection! See...I am typing on it just now. But I'm in my husband's office as my dear little wireless router and expensive booster router are confused and cannot connect my laptop to the internet. So when we get back on Tuesday, I will have our computer guru Stanley come round and sort things out. For now, I'll just go back to my packing and setting of timed lights (see, burglers...they're definitely not out of town!). Bugger...just remembered...forgot to stop the wretched mail. Shit. Stopped the papers, not that stopping them stops them. Our delivery dude does whatever the hell he feels like doing...apparently. So we get credited for not getting the papers AND burglers know we're not home. It's a win win situation for everyone!

We're headed off to Atlanta for a wedding. There will be no pics of me. I will be especially unattractive due to the humidity. But it's all about the bride, so shut up, Lin.

Does Delta serve food? Who cares. I'm taking sandwiches. It will be like an old fashioned train journey, except less comfortable.

Have a lovely weekend. And remember, we're not around so if you want to steal anything, go for it.

5 Comments:

Blogger granny p said...

Unattractive? Never!! But don't I just know the feeling. Am sitting looking at picture of self with grandchild. Oh the beauty of the skin. Not mine. Mine all worse by comparison. The glamour of youth a poet friend of mine called it. And to think how we jusy took it all for granted; even assumed we were ugly. Ouch.

PS Enjoy the wedding. xx

7:23 AM  
Blogger junebee said...

Have a great time at the wedding and have a great trip home.

I think my newspaper carrier likes me. I get a weekend plan but it seems if he has an extra mid-week paper, he throws it my way. Probably because I gave him a nice Christmas tip - upon becoming a parent I realized how hard it is to be up at ungodly hours.

4:48 PM  
Blogger elkit said...

You have rattlers watching your place. I think your stuff will be safe. I might stop by and pick up the papers. [Kidding. Can't drive that far south this weekend!]

6:26 PM  
Blogger gwendomama said...

oh - i tried to make it down there to check out the bootie but it wasn't to be this time...
anxiously awaiting your return.
baby ez says hi.
actually, he learned himself how to make the kissy sound. so he says 'smooch'.

10:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have fun in Atlanta! One of my best friends lives there, and runs a restaurant called Foodies. She's been there over fifteen years, and I've never gone to visit. I'm bad.

5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home