Friday, January 25, 2008

Christmas Break

This blogging break, we'll call it my Christmas Break, is now officially over. A couple of days ago, tired of the daily picking up of crisped poinsettia leaves, I took the tired red plant out the front door but couldn't quite bring myself to pitch it. The flowers, still red and vaguely festive, were too alive for the fate of our dried out fire hazard of an Xmas tree which had been unceremoniously chopped into county-approved pieces and placed in the yard waste wheelie bin. The poinsettia, though, well, here it is, looking happier than it ever looked in my house. I need to figure out how to import photos on my shiny, silvery, gleaming, neat and tidy MacBook Pro that Santa Most Divine brought me. Okay, here's a picture. It only took me a couple of hours to figure it all out and I'm still not 100%, but the colors are pretty, non?

These pictures are just my way of sharing with you that we had over a foot of rain up here in my Canyon. Our house didn't float away, the poinsettia remained intact(ish) and all that grows is looking scrubbed and pretty. Roll on wildflower season.


1 Comments:

Blogger Donna said...

Welcome back! :)

11:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home