Monday, April 14, 2008

Les oiseaux en ma gorge


Um, did I tell you I was taking a weekly French class, a language in which I used to be fairly comfortable but in which I now sound like a Parisian toddler...sheesh, rereading that sentence should alert everyone to the fact that I also seem to have some trouble with English.

Anyway...here are some birds that were in my garden yesterday.





A Hooded Oriole on my Blooming Aloe.





And the Great Horned Owl that has taken up residence in my yard.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, hello, brave little owl out in the middle of the day. all your photos make me want (even more) to come down for a visit.

xoxo

6:11 AM  
Blogger Vicus Scurra said...

Yes, I'm coming for a visit too. I was proud of my pheasants until I saw your pictures.
For your assignment today, please translate the names of the birds into French.

8:32 AM  
Blogger OvaGirl said...

Oh Lin your photos are magnificent! And those birds are gorgeous. For some reason the caption about the oriole on the blooming aloe made me laugh it sounded like something that Raymond Brigg's Father Christmas might have said... (bloomin' snow. bloomin' Christmas...)

3:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow - an owl in your yard!

2:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home