Wednesday, July 20, 2005

back of my neck getting dirty...gritty

I can't imagine feeling dirtier or grittier than I did today. It was hot. That's normally no big deal and definitely to be expected in Southern California in July, August, September and October (and at odd times in any other month). What made today different was the humidity, courtesy of Hurricane Emily.

I decided that since the day was miserable and I was involuntarily sweating buckets while sitting and reading the newspaper, I might as well really get hotter and more miserable by doing a laundry basket-full of ironing and, while I'm at it, why not organize all of our closets. That was my day and that's why I haven't been blogging, Betsy...because it's TOO FLIPPIN' HOT. That song, "Too Hot" or whatever it is... the one where you "gotta run for shelter, gotta runnnnnn for shade" is vying for brain space with the "Hot Time Summer in the City."

1 Comments:

Blogger OvaGirl said...

What about one of those blowup wading pools...you could put that in the shade somewhere and sit in it, with your newspaper and maybe a cool drink as well....in fact, you could probably blog in it too if you were careful with where you put your computer...

keep cool Lin!!

5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home