Friday, December 01, 2006

Oh the weather outside is...

Driving home from my daughter's last night I noted as I wound past Cheese Rocks (they are too called that) that the temperature was 35 F. "Coldest place in the Canyon," or so we were told by our pool 'boy' Kiefer (rhymes with reefer), who's in his early 70s and has lived here forever. By the time I crept a little higher up the mountain, the air temp was 41. I've been sitting in front of a roaring fire all morning, my feet like two iceblocks, trying to finish up some work so I can head over to Costco for reasons that have escaped me for now. Where is that damned list?

Looking over the top of my monitor and out the window I noticed that some of my clay pots were hosting very droopy and sad looking green things. SFD (it's my triumvirate curse only used when I'm cross with myself). I knew I should have covered those plants to avoid frost damage. I screwed up my courage to check out the citrus trees.

Um, they're fine cos outside my house it's a sunny 72 degrees. Gotta go, my plants need watering.

2 Comments:

Blogger junebee said...

Chees Rocks? Is there a Wine River to go with them?

5:45 PM  
Blogger junebee said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home