Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Responding to the Tag...at Long Last

One of my favorite bloggers, Granny P, tagged me a little while back. I don't know why I've been so quiet (bloggity wise), but I've refound my internet voice so if I get tiresomely overchatty, just tell me to shut up.

So, here's how P tagged me and my response follows:

Pick up the nearest book. Turn to page 123: find sentence number 5 and copy out the next 3 sentences. Then name book, author, and tag 3 more people. She tags - again no links for obvious reasons - Pat - of Past Imperfect, Carolinkus of Beelzebublog and Lin of Dotty Nana; all of them on her sidebar. They will all probably curse her, but she has tried to pick people who are not - she hopes - up to their necks.

Page123: Sentence #5: "...To have you married, Milk--don't you see what this will do for the project? You won't be--and you'll forgive me--so wet behind the ears, or appear to be, at any rate. A married man conducting interviews has got to inspire more confidence, especially in older subjects, and females, of course, than a bachelor. Don't you think?" And here I could answer him with confidence even as the image of Mrs. Foshay fought to crowd everything else out of my brain.

"The Inner Circle" by T.C. Boyle

And I tag the first three people (excepting P) who happen to read this posting. You know who you are.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks Lin. Nice one too.

8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home