Saturday, May 24, 2008

How Do You Say Brunch in French?

I suspect the French don't eat brunch, but today my French class (and spouses or boyfriends) are coming here for brunch. It's a joint affair, everyone wanted to bring something and while I like that idea, I can't remember what they said they'd bring. I know I'm making the eggy dishes and I did write it all down, somewhere between Que préferéez-vous, la cuisine francaise tradionelle ou la nouvelle cuisine and de quelle partie des Etats-Unis etes-vous a l'origine but can I flippin' find it? And the gal who was promising a fruit salad...did she change her mind and say she'd bring ginger scones and, if so, is she doing both?

Update: She brought both! And they were incroyably fabulous.

4 Comments:

Blogger elkit said...

It's "le brunch".
(;-) Just kidding, but it sounds good!)

11:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They're so often the best meals, where everyone just brings something that they fancy and there's not too much planning of exactly what. It always seems to work!

3:04 PM  
Blogger www.retiredandcrazy.com said...

Isn't that annoying? I hate it when I forget something, especially as I'm surrounded by smart people who never forget a thing! Anyway the important thing is to enjoy! Now don't forget that!

2:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It doesn't matter. They'll probably correct your pronunciation anyway. I aime the French, I really aime them but they are very particular about their language.

Your brunch sounds wonderful. Enjoy.

8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home