Saturday, October 15, 2005

You Know, Lin, Angels Don't Have Wings

We're back from our holidays...have been for a few days now, but flying westwards is always tougher than east and I'm waking up at odd times and definitely not yet comfortable in my California skin.

We had a wonderful time, but whenever you get together with family it can be, well, it can be challenging. Himself's sister found god a few years back, or rather god found her. A pair of clean-cut Mormon missionaries were out doing their two-year, door-knocking gig in the UK and snagged her. I'll do a Mormon blog when I'm up to it and if anyone has the low-down on Mormon knickers, let me know. In the meantime, I now DO know that angels don't have wings. Sister-in-law kindly took me aside and let me know that little factoid. I'm not yet sleeping easier with the knowledge, but, as I told her, it's good to know this stuff.

Here are a few pics from Italy and the South Coast of England. Not happening...okay, Maybe tomorrow, kids. Apparently I've forgotten how to post pix.




6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not sure I want to know about mormans knickers!

Must be amazing having a hotline to the angels like your SIL. I think they may have been having her on though...

I use photobucket for pictures - look forward very much to seeing your.

8:22 PM  
Blogger granny p said...

Good, You're back. Do Mormons wear knickers?

12:16 AM  
Blogger TwinsGoddess said...

I DO know that the Mormons woke me from a much-needed NAP on Saturday afternoon, to ask if I had heard of the Book of Mormon.

I tried to be nice and explain to them that I wasn't interested, but they just kept talking and talking until I had to close the door in their faces.

Rude, and dangerous, considering the state of my mood when I unwillingly roused from a much-needed nap...

11:08 AM  
Blogger Yidchick said...

Welcome back! We've missed you. There's an Australian comedian, John Safran, who made it his mission to steal the knickers off as many Mormons as he could. The filmed results were quite amusing, if a bit obscure...

6:45 AM  
Blogger Donna said...

I'd never thought about Mormon knickers, or angel's wings.

Hope you're back on Pacific time by now!

7:11 AM  
Blogger OvaGirl said...

Welcome back Lin, also looking forward to the Mormon post. But why don;t angels have wings? Why don't they have tiaras and clown noses and perfect fingernails and other thing they want? They're angels aren't they?

Want To Know!

5:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home